5:30 – 6:30 pm every Monday
6900 Humphrey Rd., Clinton WA 98260
For more information, or to request to be added to our Monday Meditation mailing list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 360-341-4184
Kilung Rinpoche is teaching the Seven Meditations, a progressive program of meditations through the year. The meditations are Tibetan in style, but can be utilized by anyone, whether or not they are Buddhist.
In November, 2015, Shambhala Publications published Rinpoche’s book The Relaxed Mind, a Seven-step Method for Deepening Meditation Practice about these seven meditation practices.
In July, 2017, Shambhala Publications released an online course with Kilung Rinpoche: Discovering the Relaxed Mind – An Immersion in a Seven-Step Method for Deepening Meditation Practice. Click HERE for more information.
Here are the Seven Meditations and their practice schedule through the year.
1. Basic Sitting Meditation: Laying the foundation – by joining mind and body. (January)
2. Calm Abiding Meditation (February/March)
3. Refined Basic Sitting Meditation: Arriving at clarity (April)
4. Insight Meditation (May/June)
5. Open Heart-Mind Meditation: Viewing the internal and external more widely (July/August)
6. Pure Mind Meditation: Experience as pure and enlightened nature. (September/October)
7. Nonconceptual Meditation: Letting mind rest in the natural state of one’s own wisdom, without regard to conditions. (November/December)
Seven Point Sitting Posture: Sit with legs crossed, back straight/relaxed, shoulders like yoke, arms in equipoise, chin tucked, eyes open gaze downward, tongue on palate.