Monday Meditation at Phagtsok Gedun Choling Temple
with Dza Kilung Rinpoche
5:30 – 6:30 pm
every Monday PT
(except last two weeks of December)
The temple is closed at this time of public health concerns about the coronavirus, and all meditations are through Zoom.
You can register for the meditation zoom link HERE
More information on how to Zoom into meditation on your computer or phone is HERE.
Kilung Rinpoche is teaching the Seven Meditations, a progressive program of meditations through the year. The meditations are Tibetan in style, but can be utilized by anyone, whether or not they are Buddhist. You can join Monday Meditation on a drop-in basis.
In November, 2015, Shambhala Publications published Rinpoche’s book The Relaxed Mind, a Seven-step Method for Deepening Meditation Practice about these seven meditation practices. Click HERE for information about the book. The Shambhala Publications Relaxed Mind online course is available HERE.
HERE are the opening and closing prayers.
The Seven Meditations and their practice schedule through the year are:
1. Basic Sitting Meditation: Laying the foundation – by joining mind and body. (January)
2. Calm Abiding Meditation (February/March)
3. Refined Basic Sitting Meditation: Arriving at clarity (April)
4. Insight Meditation (May/June)
5. Open Heart-Mind Meditation: Viewing the internal and external more widely (July/August)
6. Pure Mind Meditation: Experience as pure and enlightened nature. (September/October)
7. Nonconceptual Meditation: Letting mind rest in the natural state of one’s own wisdom, without regard to conditions. (November/December)
Please consider dana (an offering) to
support the Phagtsok Gedun Chöling Temple,
the costs of providing the technology for online teachings,
and to Dza Kilung Rinpoche for his Monday Meditation teaching.